Do you want to work at the leading edge of digital innovation? Both with biggest brands and hottest startups? International projects in Asia, Europe and North America? We are looking for a Creative Director to join a truly global user experience design and development company in their Shanghai office.
As the Creative Director you are joining an international team to take charge of all design efforts across the studio. You encourage excellence of work, leading, managing and supporting the creative team. You actively collaborate with the other teams (Business Design, Development, Project Management, Business Development, HR, etc) to guide clients and the studio to success.
You are siding Creative Directors from the other studios and the Chief Creative Officer to define practices at a global level, applying it within the studio and advocating for them within industries. They appreciate a pragmatic design approach, the ability to quickly solve issues, to be imaginative and to dare to fail; bit more importantly to elicit an emotional responses in people one works with and for.
The company offers:
1. Inspiring work environment with colleagues who excel at their professions
2. Diverse projects, clients and challenges
3. Travel and work on-site with prestigious multinational clients.
4. Myriad opportunities for learning and professional development.
5. Competitive benefits and flexible work arrangements
Your specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Ideate, design and evaluate digital products (web/native apps, etc.), within interdisciplinary teams, for key engagements.
2. Oversee projects – internally and with clients-, and drive creatives.
3. Foster collaboration across different practices in the studio.
4. Engage with existing and future clients to develop and maintain relationships.
5. Facilitate workshops for clients and the design team.
6. Identify business opportunities, be the creative lead for pitches, proposals and project kickoffs.
7. Critically evaluate opportunities for appropriate fit.
8. Partner with studio leadership in hiring, mentoring, supervising, and guiding teams to growth and success.
9. Promote the company culture- internally with clients, for the public, by developing your personal POV.
10. Take ownership for the professional development of your team.
11. Be a thought leader on Design topics within the company and outside.
12. Ensure quality control across all design related activities at a studio level.
13. Oversee construction of industry leading presentations to land designs with maximum impact.
14. Represent the company creatively at an office level across external events & publications.
1. Minimum of 7-9 years’ experience within the field of UX Design required.
2. Proven track record of successes (portfolio, team management, multi-disciplinary partnering, etc.) with top-level digital agency or product company required.
3. Minimum of 2 years’ experience in leading a team required.
4. Exposure to Agile methodologies, continuous development and/or SCRUM required.
5. Strong working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch required.
6. Excellent English skills required.
7. Bachelors degree or higher in Design or similar creative discipline preferred.
1. Work is normally performed in the company offices but will regularly be required at client sites or other locations.
Sign up and complete your profile to apply